Below you will find information on how we use your personal data, for which purposes your personal data is used, with whom it is shared and what control and information rights you may have.
KOTRA (Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency) [firstname.lastname@example.org/+34 915 566 241] (“KOTRA”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is controller in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as further applicable data protection laws.
- Processing of Personal Data / Purpose of Processing
- When Visiting our website
The provider of the website automatically collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us in “server log files”. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
Such data will not be combined with data from other sources.
The basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO which allows the processing of data on prevailing legitimate interest of the controller. Our legitimate interest is to ensure unimpeded and trouble-free access to our website.
For further information on the processing by cookies and tools of third party providers see Sections 3 ff. below.
The hosting of the website and our services offered is carried out by an external service provider ([●]) on our behalf. Your data will be stored on protected servers within the EU. Access is only possible to a few specially authorised persons who are involved with the technical, commercial or editorial support of the servers.
- When Contacting us
If you send us an e-mail or contact us otherwise, we process your data to reply to that request. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1) (b)/(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest can be seen in communicating with you and to process your request. The same applies if you call us.
- When Subscribing to Our Newsletter/Information E-Mails
- When registering in “Job” Section on the Website
– KOTRA collects curriculums from potential candidates in order to check if their profiles conform to any of the job offers that are periodically published by KOTRA or by a third party. Likewise, KOTRA may share the information of the profiles with these third parties, with the same purpose of verifying whether said profile is adapted to any of the job offers that are periodically published by those third parties.
– KOTRA has access to the account of candidates or companies, in order to change some information in their profile or in job offers to correct and unify the format.
– KOTRA can contact candidates or companies to inform them about job offers or about candidates that may match their desire. Likewise, companies and candidates can contact each other directly.
The data that may be collected is the following: Photo, name, nationality, email, telephone number, visa status, work preferences (place, type, etc.), study (degree, masters), work experience, work skills (computer, language) from candidates and logo, company name, address, CEO, company introduction, contact information (name, email, phone number, etc.) from companies.
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymized user profiles are created and cookies (see above) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request,
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of the company. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
- Data Transfer and Cross-Border Data Transfers
Besides the above mentioned data transfer to Google LLC, your data is transferred to our website hoster in [●]. Appropriate safeguard is provided in the form of EU standard contractual clauses. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy.
Your personal data may also be transferred to other Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agencies or to other third parties in other countries (including countries outside the EEA) in particular to Korea which may have different data protection standards than your country of residence. Please note, that data processed in a foreign country may be subject to foreign laws and accessible to foreign governments, courts, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies. However, we will endeavour to take reasonable measures to keep up an adequate level of data protection also when sharing your personal data with such countries.
We have implemented measures, including SSL or TLS encryption, designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
- No requirement to provide personal data
The provision of your personal data will generally be voluntarily and there is no statutory nor contractual obligation to provide your personal data. We generally do not contractually require provision of your personal data; but note that in any event non-provision of personal data might exclude you from using some of our services or parts thereof.
- Data Retention
We strive to keep our processing activities with respect to your personal data as limited as possible. In the absence of specific retention periods set out in this Policy, your personal data will be retained only for as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it and, if applicable, as long as required by statutory retention requirements. In case of consent, your personal data will be at the latest deleted without undue delay after withdrawal of such consent.
- Your Rights
You have the right, at any time
- without giving reasons according to Art. 15 GDPR to obtain information about your data stored with us. With the exception of any connection fees charged by your provider, you will not incur any costs as a result of the enquiry;
- to have the data rectified in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to have the data erased in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR;
- to obtain from the controller restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR;
· to object to the processing for sending the newsletter according to Art. 21 (2) GDPR;
· to object to other forms of processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR;
- to withdraw any consent to the collection and use of data given to us at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR;
- to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and to transmit them to another person responsible in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR;
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
If you have any questions that this policy could not answer, or if you require further information on a particular point, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. You can reach us as follows under the above address or by writing an e-mail to our Data Protection Officer (email@example.com).